View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 29, 2007, 6:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler82 View Post
How do you define "oppressive maassing?" Anything over three stories? In that case, there is always Pleasanton, I'm sure there is plenty of room there!
I actually find this far less oppressive massing because it is broken up to allow light through and there is a central open plaza. This is much more open than all the other skyscrapers in the vicinity, and it will be adding so many units.
For those who don't want density, don't live in a dense city, period.I don;t see why that is so hard to understand. California is full of beach towns filled with people who don't like to live in dense cities. Why some of those people come here I will never know.
i don't know where you're getting that i'm opposed to density or tall buildings - nothing could be further from the truth.

this is the right place for a dense project like this - my issue is with the massing of the 'towers'. too short, too broad, too many. but anyway, it's hard to tell exactly what the proposal is from some of the images. hopefully the site plan is more permeable than it looks from the renderings.