View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 21, 2019, 3:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsfan87 View Post
It looks like the hotel is a mixed up name of Home2Suites and Tru by Hilton, which are both Hilton brands, but of course not as nice as an actual Hilton hotel. I believe the Tru by Hilton brand is a bit nicer and more modern. Hopefully that’s what it is.
I think there already is a suites hotel around there. Must be a lot of business based stays for periods of weeks. I guess it could also be them anticipating more demand from St. Lukes and the medical school. Maybe some professors will just be semester long assignments and don't want to deal with renting or buying?

I stayed in a suites style hotel for 5 weeks in Baltimore for training. Could easily have stayed for a few more months based on the accommodations. The only issue was that downtown Baltimore was a food desert back then (Early 2009) so without a per diem I wouldn't have lasted. In contrast there is a Safeway and Sprouts pretty close to Park Central.

-----edit-----
Lol, I just ran a rate for the Extended Stay on Osborn and from the period of January 4 - April 30 it was almost $10k. So I take back professors wanting to take that route.