View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 9, 2019, 3:34 AM
He/his/him. >~<, QED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabasse View Post
i'm starting my new commute into the office tomorrow, and planning to bike. part of my route is going to be on a very bike unfriendly road; potholes, hyper aggressive buckhead betties. i feel like i should bike this short portion on the sidewalk, but is this ever appropriate? (i know it's not legal, but that seems to be unenforced) also - how do you guys feel about helmets in general? i picked up a couple of cheap retrospec helmets but they look incredibly dorky - something much more low profile would be preferred, i dont think they need to be 2" thick...
That street looks really dangerous. Not even the sidewalk looks all that safe (so many driveways...). Is there really no other option?

I try to wear my helmet on longer bike rides, but I often end up riding Divvy bikes without my helmet since I don't always carry it around (it's awkward to carry on my backpack). Usually I'm going across a park so it's mostly not on street, but I wish I had a better solution. Those foldup helmets are really expensive...