View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 18, 2018, 2:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McAvity View Post
If you compiled those lists yourself you have even more spare time and interest in the subject than I have, and I have a lot of both
It didn't take very long. I started with SkyscraperPage's Diagrams site where I did a search using the following options:

Structure Type: Highrise
Order By: Official height
Height: Feet

Then I looked through all the buildings and whenever a new city appeared, that building is the city's tallest, and I wrote down its year and structural height in an Excel file (so I could sort easily).

But as much as we love SkyscraperPage, Emporis' height data are more authoritative, so I looked up each city's tallest building there and used Emporis' data as the final height values.

Quote:
The title of the thread says, "was built" and the first building listed in Toronto may be built by 2022? Thus, I changed name of the thread from "was built" to "was/will be built"
Thanks!

Quote:
Also, I believe that Cincinnati's Carew Tower held the title of the tallest building in any city in North America longer than any other since it's reign was 80 years, from 1930-2010 and even then, it was only rivalled due to the roof of Great American Tower as Carew is 8 more stories
Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
It just misses your height threshold, but just for reference, the tallest building in Memphis, TN was built in 1965 (!!!) ... some things never change.
Though in this thread I listed only buildings at least 500 ft tall, my search actually continued until I hit 400 ft. The current tallest building in Providence RI, the Bank of America Building, was built in 1927!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post
New Westminster, "Pier West 1" 590.6 feet. Expected completion 2020.
Thanks for the info. According to http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=111869 , its status is still "proposed". If you are 100% sure that it's under construction, let me know and I will add it to the list.