View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 29, 2005, 11:18 PM
them bones

I'd be shocked if that building was 600'. Look at it. A parking base (NEVER more than 10' floor to floor) and an average condo floor height in the neighborhood of 10'. The retail space at the bottom can be built in a way to take up two parking floors without actually being 2 floors.

Looks like 7-8 penthouse floors with maybe a 13' floor to floor.

Mechanical penthouse on the roof is in the neighborhood of 35'.

560' maybe.

Still, I'll be curious to see two things:

1. How the FAA reacts.
2. How the city deems building height. *I realize that we all count things like mechanical penthouses and elevator wells, but quite often the city doesn't. Quite often cities only count to the roof height BEHIND the parapet. I can't remember if that's how they do it in Phoenix, but I know that's how they do it in Mesa and Tempe. Relevance - This building while maybe topping out at 560' to the penthouse goes into city planning at a mere 525' which is ALOT closer to the 500' cap.

My reaction to the model is one of fear. That looks like something dusted off from 1967 or something. Mike Brady can ya hear me?!?

I've worked in this industry long enough to know though that the finished product will look FAR different than that model.