View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 10, 2018, 1:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
Certainly echo chambers can be bad. But 1) I don't think Angie is the same as David, and 2) The Streetsblogs of the world aren't really there for convincing moderates. They're home base for true believers.
Couple of points: I'm experiencing some short-term memory loss. Partly it's typical of my age and partly it's hereditary. Not important particularly but I enjoy blogging partly to keep my analytical skills up. I also enjoy keeping my critical thinking skills sharp so I'm prolly more sensitive than the average bear.

Since I know Denver well when Sachs states something that seems 'to me' blatantly disingenuous and wrong I can't help asking myself "If your cause is worthwhile then why not use arguments that can stand up to sunshine?"

Ofc when I ask myself how many Sean Hannity fans ever fact-check one thing he says, I know the answer is virtually zero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrus View Post
Even most hard core urbanists agree that *some* park-and-rides make sense.
Does that happen in private?

What's a bit interesting is that while I've got you in one ear I've got USC professor Marlon Boarnet in my other. Accessibility to light rail and how we get ridership up is an obsession. Wishing the system were different won't solve anything and this is solvable. I figure 95% of the population has never tried light rail or there may be some who've tried it but don't otherwise have good access.

Well this is cool. I wanted to double-check the parking at Florida on the R Line, thinking there is none although the ridership is decent. RTD has this format that I found that provides an easy bullet-point description of each station. Since it's the R Line it also shows (many) SE Corridor stations as well. Hopefully they'll do this for all the lines; tried the W Line and nope.

I quickly can see that Nine Mile has 10 bus routes feeding into it. No wonder it does so well; I had guessed as much but now I can see the info w/o more tedious searching. Peoria is served by ony four buses so the fact that (not counting DUS) it's now the 5th busiest station is especially impressive. Florida has no parking and only one bus so coming in 29th out of 59 stations is mighty respectable. It is now the end of the H Line station.

Going through various stations in my mind, it seems to me that some stations that should or could become walkable (to use the proper buzzword) just haven't gotten there. I think or assume it's just going to take more time.