View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 18, 2019, 7:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Regarding vacancies at CF Champlain.

- Unit F004D - Is used as a customer service kiosk, and has been for at least several years. I wouldn't consider it vacant.
- Units F005F & F005E - were subdivided at the same time that the unit for Thai Express was created. They are designed for businesses with external entrances only, but right now are completely hidden from view behind solid walls. They are invisible.
- Unit E006 - apparently will be used temporarily as a relocation site for American Eagle when the unit housing that store gets renovated, either this fall or in the new year.
- Unit P002B - is a legitimate vacant CRU
- Unit N009A - is a legitimate vacant CRU
- Unit M001A - is a legitimate vacant CRU (although currently temporarily used as a lounge for CF Champlain employees).
- Unit J003A - is a legitimate vacant CRU
- Unit J001C - is a legitimate vacant CRU
- Unit H003B - although for some reason listed as vacant on the floorpan is actually occupied by Bikini Village

So, I would only count five vacant CRUs at CF Champlain, which is only about a 3% vacancy rate, and most of these vacant units are quite small, therefore the effect on the overall footprint of the mall is pretty minimal.

Also, I'm not sure if you're aware, but the old Crystal Palace building that houses Chapters, Cineplex and Bass Pro Shops is actually considered as being part of CF Champlain.

Thanks for your input. I wasn't sure what was actually vacant or not. I removed F004D and H003B off the list. As well as added a note that E006 is temporarily being used for American Eagle while they renovate their current spot. (So I didn't count that one in the overall total, since technically isn't vacant at the moment).

In all, I think all three malls are doing great right now.
  • CF Champlain just has 5 vacant spots to be filled. But still is doing very well and at the top in NB.
  • Regent Mall is almost filled up (only 2 spots left) and the former Sears being redeveloped for 3 tenants. Also it's close to the CRU productivity as CF Champlain. (Regent = $574, CF Champlain = $585).
  • McAllister Place is picking up. Only 5 spots left to be filled (technically 4, if exclude the former Peoples, being used as a car display showroom for Loch Lomond Mitsubishi). The former Sears is being redeveloped for a number of large-format retailers. Overall, I believe MP will catch up soon, and will be closer to Regent's and CF Champlain's CRU productivity numbers.

Last edited by DyAm00394; Aug 18, 2019 at 8:41 PM.