View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 12, 2021, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrian Laing View Post
I know what you mean, I believe the package B will require a % of units in each new development to be text-book "affordable" but can't recall off the top of my head. Also as a reference "Affordable Housing" for this development would be units for $2,168 for dual income and/or units for $975 for single income, which I feel is pretty reasonable especially if its only a handful of the total units. Mr. Chedrawe certainly isn't living on shoestrings.
Well, Danny is not running a social housing enterprise and it is crazy to expect someone to be able to rent a unit for under $1000/mo on SGR. Maybe they could rent a parking spot in the garage and pitch a tent.

The idea was never to have social housing in every development. The idea was to extort money from developers to go into a HRM account that could then be doled out to affordable housing projects. Unfortunately as we see in the article below the amounts being offered are so tiny as to be useless and the rather glacial process seems rather, shall we say, non-strategic.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...fund-1.6171825