View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 8, 2019, 5:09 AM

Man, thanks for putting that together, Echostatic. It really hits home just how much development is in the pipeline. If you lump it all together, it really is one of the most massive construction undertakings/transformations in history; probably comparable to the Big Dig.

It makes me wonder: Do we realize what Austin is becoming? Please correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the amount of high rise construction here make Houston and Dallas pale in comparison? And what happens to a city whose downtown explodes like ours is? In some ways, isn't Austin becoming, like, the city in Texas?

We've always had an powerful cocktail of persistent factors leading to our prosperity; its central location, UT, the capitol, being a welcoming beacon for the liberals of Texas, an attractive economy for out-of-staters, the confluence of Anglo and Hispanic, the weather, the food, the music, nature. It feels like everything is coming together now at the perfect time for Austin to thrive.

Are we ready to be a huge city? Because our skyline will soon scream "huge city" loudly for all to hear.