View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 15, 2007, 11:30 PM

Here are a sample of the pictures I took of the other island cities. Hope you enjoy!

Kauai:

There isn't a lot of "urban" development on Kauai, at least the parts I saw. Mostly resort complexes and small towns with lots of tourist shopping spread throughout. I didn't take photos of alot of that. Lack of development, though, leaves you to admire what is the most beautiful about Kauai, the scenery.

Our port, Nawiliwili Harbor

On the southeastern side of the island

On the northwestern side

A old movie theatre in Lihue interestly converted to a senior residential facility (complete with old movie posters)

Hilo (Big Island):

The white building to the right is allegedly the tallest building on the island of Hawaii.

Couldn't take much more of Hilo as we did not spend much time in the actual town center.

Kona (Big Island):

Early morning arrival

We first went on a tour outside the city, which included this church

This was taken for a friend of mine who loves the show Dog the Bounty Hunter, this is a photo (from the tour bus) of their office on the Big Island

Back to Kona

Lunch at Hard Rock Cafe (yes, very touristy!)

...My ship above...then as we set sail. The one thing interesting about seeing the city from this vantage point is that you can see how even the Hawaiian Islands are immune from suburban style Big Box development (the building in the middle right is a Lowe's).

Maui

Our port was Kahului

I like this not only because I managed to capture the whale (they got even closer), but, the image of the coastal development at sunset

Not the specticle you see on the Altamont Pass near where I live in California, but, it's good to see alternative energy in full force in Maui

The city of Lahaina

If you're a pizza lover and ever make it to Lahaina, I highly recommend BJs

Not sure what happened here

Lahaina is very diverse architecturally. Some colonial style buildings (these are stores)

The hotel looks like it is out of Louisiana

A museum of Chinese history on Maui

Lahaina is also really diverse spiritually

And finally, my future ocean front home in Lahaina

That's it, hope you enjoyed it.