View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 1, 2020, 1:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
I used to live in the mainland south area many moons ago (closer in than this) and always thought it was a bit of a lost opportunity in that it's so undeveloped for how close to the peninsula it is. I was a bit skeptical of all the fighting against Williams-Colpitt Lake development since I think a lot of this opposition merely causes development to shift around the region, and because there's already a big protected area around Long Lake plus Fleming Park.

It has some problems, mostly in terms of traffic, but they are fixable. And I think a Northwest Arm crossing could be a big asset to the region.
Honestly, they should protect the park that is already there around Colpitt lake and the trails. They should have a buffer between the trail and a new development and the area around Williams lake should have been allowed to develop on. There is no reason the park needs to be as big as it is. From Williams Lake over to Tamridge Lane is a perfect area for a good mixed use development. Instead the city as per normal will squander the opportunity and attempt to force everyone into over priced apartments.

I like parks, but this is getting to be too much, with this one and then the Blue Mountain park extension there is now too much park land for our population...