View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 1, 2013, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alon View Post
Sorry, but this is bullshit. Maybe he knows how to make electric cars; I don't know - his cars don't function well in Northeastern weather.
that stupid nyt editorial was soundly rebutted with data logged during his test. every other article i've read on the car has shown that it actually exceeds the stated range.

Quote:
People in the US have this fetish for listening to entrepreneurs. The idea being that if someone is tagged as an entrepreneur then his ideas are automatically worth listening to. It's frustrating. Madrid builds subways for about one fortieth the cost American cities build them for, and the CEO of Madrid Metro even talks about the way they did procurement to ensure low costs, and it gets ignored in the American media. But someone with zero experience in the subject bloviates about a technology that doesn't exist and doesn't even come close to existing and he's suddenly a great entrepreneur who probably employs people who understand.
i'd love to read more about the building of madrid's metro - have any links? (sorry, OT!)