View Single Post
Old Posted May 17, 2011, 6:18 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldlyhaligonian View Post
(Credit: DJ )

I'm not super proud of this skyline view... I mean maybe if the Fenwick reclad happens and tower taller than Hollis and Morris is built on the lot to the east.

Additionally, the waterfront lot next to NSP really needs something on it.
While it's true that this particular part of the skyline appears to be turbo-short, I think to be fair we must view more broadly.

Though people may be frustrated with the stagnant status of development--Halifax has the beautiful physical signature of a decently densified downtown of lower-rise buildings. Nothing is over-powering the Citadel.

We need to work toward more density.

Though the skyline picture you provided shows that this area is lacking--from the vantage point of people traveling on cruise ships, they enjoy the small-town feel around Pier 21. This foreground of small structures adds a contrast to the more distant taller buildings (such as near the Purdy Warf Towers). And this description I'm giving you isn't just my own, but of the many American tourists I've talked with. I used to work at a Tim Hortons on the waterfront. Most Americans I've met, actually, were surprised at the level of development currently standing. They pictured all of Nova Scotia to be very ..remote.