View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 11, 2023, 7:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Phoenix metro was "closed" for about 3 weeks in April of 2020. We did have to deal with masks and half capacity restaurants for like a year though. But by early 2021 it was mostly lip service outside of Lyft/Uber and Airports.

As for Recovery, since this was a big place for people to come to during Covid we grew right on through and our entertainment/restaurant districts had more venues by the end of Covid than we started with. I know that wasn't the case everywhere. Also we have been major beneficiaries of the reshoring movement ever since covid and now Ukraine has messed up supply chains example TSMC (although that started before covid)

But we are really feeling it now, housing prices almost doubled in three years and local inflation in Phoenix metro is something like 11% annualized.

High growth matched with high inflation.
I wish Portland had those problems. This place is populated by introvert shut ins. Many people are STILL wearing masks. My girlfriend and I are considering relocating. Her brother already moved to Knoxville and her parents are starting to talk about it too. Im not going to say the west is lost but there is so much civic disarray happening up and down the coast. The mood in the city is edgey as hell too. The mayor keeps losing key staff and he's facing a employees' revolt. Might be time to go back to Ann Arbor.