View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 6:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignalHillHiker View Post
Chretien had charisma, Dion had none. Proficiency in English is less important, I expect, for anglophone voters because we're the dominant language nationally. There's less of a drive to protect our language, or be represented, because we're the norm in that regard. And I get it. I will march in the street if VOCM drops its Newfoundland accent for CBC NL's generic one.

Trudeau annoys me. Obviously the Liberals are the only viable choice for me nationally, but the facade is overpowering with him - that polite, fawning thing he does. Reminds me of Ben Mulrooney where you could know them for 5 years without ever actually meeting their real personality.

An aside - we've come a long way. Happened upon a Facebook video of some random Sikh guy in Yukon dancing and my immediate reaction was to roll my eyes and think, "Oh FFS, what government Minister is trying to be cool now?" He wasn't, of course. Just some random dude.
Out of curiosity, how do you know that the JT persona you’re seeing isn’t the real JT?