View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 30, 2014, 11:11 PM

I don't mind the decision to renovate the Forum and add an ice surface since it does have seating which the new 4-pads do not have, and it also has the hall space for bingo, flea markets, etc., which despite how people tend to mock those things, do bring in considerable revenue. Having been to the BMO Center in Bedford I really did not like it at all and am glad we are not building another one of those in Windsor Park. The building is characterless and just screams cheap, shoddy construction. It also completely fails to take into account any number of spectators.

My only real concern is that the Forum Commission members do not impress me as they types of folks I would want to entrust with a $30-40 million project like this. They mean well but when you see them talk they are not polished and do not have much in the way of management skills from what I can tell. This is a big and complicated project that includes restructuring the Forum to eliminate those damn roof support columns, and I do not think a volunteer board made up of septuagenarians and octogenarians is the right group to provide oversight.