View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 11, 2015, 5:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGreat View Post
I don´t have to tell you my experiences or media sources, we are in 2015, you and anyone can google difficult places in each country and take a streetview-tour of them for yourselves, maybe Neukölln, Kreuzberg or Neuperlach and then Clichy-sous-Bois, Les Izards or St. Denis, I struggled to detect some "segregation" signs in the german neighbourhoods while in the french ones, this was evident everywhere even indigence was evident in some places.
Those aren't remotely equivalent neighborhoods. Neukölln and Kreuzberg are gentrified inner-city neighborhoods filled with young German professionals. Les Izards and St. Denis are deprived suburban neighborhood filled with immigrants.

If you compare apples to apples (so Kreuzberg to anywhere in East Paris, or Neuperlach (Munich) to St. Denis), you will see they are quite similar. In both Kreuzberg and anywhere in Paris east of the center, you will see former immigrant areas filled with young professionals. Similarly, in Neuperlach and St. Denis you will see poor 90% immigrant areas filled with non-Europeans.