View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 24, 2020, 2:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutonicpanda View Post
Is the full Santa Fe Square project moving ahead?

Also there is a larger proposal somewhere around DTTulsa to redevelop land I assume akin to the Wheeler District in OKC. Has that progressed?

In other transportation news I didn't see on here a new freeway loop segment is underway. It is a tolled facility and will be an extension of the Gilcrease Turnpike.
Santa Fe Square is still a go as far as I know. No word yet on when they will start the next phase, which is an office building located next to the Hotel Indigo at the corner of 2nd and Elgin. Following that is supposed to be residential and a parking structure. From what I understand anyway.

The large development that you are referring to is the Kirkpatrick Heights Addition/Greenwood Site Master Plan. It is 56 acres of land immediately north of downtown that is owned by the Tulsa Development Authority. The City put out an RFP for a site master plan for the land last year and just received submittals from 15 firms. They are in the process of reviewing and will likely select one sometime this year. At that point, they will allow developers to come in and develop a piece of it that suits their particular interest or strength. At least that is what I gathered from this video from a local TV station about it.

There is also a project called the Annex, which seems to still be alive. It is a proposed grocery store, hotel and apartment tower to be located on a full city block that is currently a parking lot which sits catty corner from City Hall and across the street from the performing arts center. The PAC is actually the owner of the lot and they are the ones who put out the RFP and selected Flaherty & Collins out of Indianapolis.

Here's the rendering

So, yes there was a ground breaking for the new Gilcrease Turnpike back in the Fall. I am not sure if construction has started just yet, but the Turnpike Authority always works super fast. So, it should not be too long for that segment of road to come online.