View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 25, 2019, 10:08 PM

You can call me Mr. Mayor of Westminster

Note: I've now traded in my Suburban cap for a Bright Red MAGA cap.

"RTD: You're Fired"

1) I order maybe four/five shuttle buses that hold maybe 15 to 20 passengers. I also order a half-dozen nice vans that hold about 8 passengers.

2) Then I call Uber/Lyft and offer them $2 per passenger to use their algorithm and pay system. They needn't worry about anything else.

3) Next I call Super Shuttle or maybe solicit as a small business opportunity someone to run my transit services for Westminster. They need to be responsible for hiring, training, scheduling and managing our new fleet and drivers.

Conceptually, the shuttle buses would run along arterial roads and stop in front of the leasing offices of nearby apartments for riders. Destinations could be major employment areas or to the Sheridan Flatiron Flyer station and the Westminster light rail station. Per ride cost might be $5.00.

Conceptually, the Vans would be for on-demand service to Westminster neighborhoods needing a ride within Westminster and costs might be $6 to $7 per passenger.

It might be better initially to limit vehicle capacity to no more than 15 passengers. Drivers who carry 16 or more passengers will need a CDL license. Either way I assume this service should easily attract potential drivers.

So... Will I be reelected Mayor of Westminster?