View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 18, 2014, 4:24 AM

I haven't been to many of what most consider the best restaurants in Toronto, but I'll offer my 2c anyways:

Caplansky's: Jewish Deli near Kensington Market

Wvrst: Bavarian sausage beerhouse with great duck fat fries near King & Bathurst

Black Camel: Sandwiches near Rosedale subway station. Get brisket with charamoula mayo

Bamiyan Kebab: really good Afghani kebab in Thorncliffe Park, the largest Muslim neighbourhood in Canada.

Diana's seafood: I like getting oysters from this place in Scarborough at Lawrence east where Ford's campaign HQ was.

Churrasco's at Mt Pleasant and Eglinton: good Portugese chicken.

Tokyo Sushi near Bay & Wellesley, hidden small sushi shop I like.

All the ramen places are great. I like the ubiquitous Kenzo even though it's everywhere, but it's fast & good.

The amount of quality Chinese & Asian restaurants in Markham and Scarborough is amazing. Huge Chinese populations there, tons of restaurants.

For example Finch & Midland in Scarborough, there's like 4 plazas full of Asian restaurants. Highway 7 has tons.

I honestly love living here discovering the endless supply of restaurants in Toronto due to multicultural demographics of the city.

One of the things I like is that it's not all downtown, Toronto and the GTA are huge geographically, and all parts of the city have amazing gems waiting to be found, downtown, suburbs, or areas outside of the city. You go to Brampton an suburban city pretty far to the NW, try a random Indian restaurant and it's amazing.