Thread: PhoenixMart
View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 7, 2013, 4:11 AM

Arq,

Point taken about "downtown" - I forgot the forum Im on here is extremely familiar with the distinction of a downtown vs just in the urban area of a city. Mea Culpa on that one..

I also have only been to the CCC a couple of times so am not as intimate with the reasons for any decline - but if what you say is true, it is unfortunate but hardly alone in struggles in recent years..

Finally, again - I have no vested interest in the PhoenixMart project (although if I had a real estate license I might have applied for that job listing...) other than being a CG homeowner who wants this area to thrive and am hopeful this project will be a success as it will really help define what Casa Grande can be as far as a center point between Tucson and Phoenix.

But I have attended numerous presentations at city council, planning commission, chamber of commerce meetings, etc. on the project beginning almost 2 years ago, so have a pretty good feeling for the principals and their representatives and so far I ve not felt we were being misled in any way as to the type, scope, financing mechanisms, etc. on this project.