View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 5, 2010, 5:22 AM
New Yorker for life

http://www.observer.com/2010/politic...-aeg-has-money

Paterson: There Was Consensus on Aqueduct; AEG Has the Money

By Eliot Brown
February 4, 2010

Quote:
Here's Paterson's statement, which references the up-front financial demand (a $300 million payment to the state), and asserts that AEG can meet it.

"AEG was selected to operate video lottery terminals at Aqueduct racetrack in a unanimous decision reached through the equal votes of the leader of the Senate, the Speaker of the Assembly, and myself. Each leader had equal statutory authority, equal responsibility and is equally accountable in this selection.

"AEG has both the financial viability and ability to pay the required upfront licensing fee. AEG complied with every request made during the review process and addressed satisfactorily all matters related to licensability. AEG's compensation to the State, both in the short term and the long term put it near the top or at the top compared to other bidders. Further, AEG's gaming operator, Navegante, has a verifiable record for establishing successful gaming operations. AEG's plan fits well within the very diverse and middle class community that exists around Aqueduct and its approach to operations will attract local community members to the site in the largest numbers and create local jobs for people in the surrounding area. AEG's commitment to diversity and inclusion was also an important consideration in choosing it to operate at Aqueduct.

"All information about the bidders and their bids was presented to all involved parties as we weighed this selection. After a lengthy evaluation process, I can only assume that the other leaders made their decision, as I did, because AEG offered the bid that received both unanimous support and is good for New York."

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.