View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 9, 2012, 5:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck From NY View Post
-
:yawn:

You're allowing yourself to be pigeon-holed as an Angeleno with something to prove to NYC and the other "global cities" of the world. We're all quite aware that L.A. is a huge city with a lot to offer, so calm down. I like the tallest building in L.A. (whatever it's called) because it's right in the middle of the CBD and is taller than the surrounding buildings.

Two buildings of beauty? Are you insane? NYC has 100s of awesome buildings, you're clearly being biased.

And Chicago is laid out perfectly. It's 1/3 or 2/5ths as big as NYC in terms of combined CBD(s), yet looks more than half as big due to it's arrangement of skyscrapers.

Do you look up to Chicago as well as New York like a big brother you have something to prove to?

P.S. Hire an editor
Oh god how condescending. I don't look up to any city as a big brother I just think they're all unique. I was purposely being ridiculous like this thread to prove a point. I've been to NY and loved it and yes there are many beautiful buildings there, although I am disappointed with the freedom tower and as for Chicago its layout is a bit messy in my opinion.

Anyhew LA is too laid back to give a fart about what NY thinks. Actually it's the NYer who have something to prove when they come to LA, they won't shut up talking about NY. We just kinda stare at them with a blank look on our faces like shut up and enjoy the sun or go the F home.

BTW the Empire State building was blown up in Independence day too so it's obvious the film maker thought of the 2 buildings as iconic.

Last edited by tujunga; Aug 9, 2012 at 5:22 AM.