View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 30, 2011, 12:14 AM
ON3P Skis

I would never consider the Sears upmarket. They have been doing a slightly better job as of late but that's not really saying much from where they were. As for the Bay, they are definitely improving their image and feel of the store (at least the Downtown one) but I was very disappointed with the Top Shop. From seeing the women's section upstairs and how much the Top Shop was talked up here I literally walked in and thought I couldn't find the place. It hardly looks much different to before. The offerings are slightly better, and I was impressed with the Diesel mini-store/section, but other than that it was kinda same-old same-old for me. They have a long long way to go if they want to be considered in the same thought as Harrys (at least IMO) or even Nordstroms.

With regards to Nordstroms and rent, ya, they are going to be paying more than they are used to downtown but I wouldn't be surprised to see damn cheap rent at Park Royal/Oakridge/Metrotown/Richmond Centre when or if they go there.