View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 13, 2017, 6:41 AM
Doctor, The Doctor...Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey7312 View Post
Key Tower looks great, thanks for making it!
No problem! I figured fulfilling your request would get you to start responding to the thread again haha. Not as much activity as I had hoped, generally speaking...

Big addition time!

I already had done Shanghai Tower in Pudong Xinqu, Shanghai, China but the model encountered some build errors after export so the file to print was fine but the Solidworks file was all sorts of funky. I finally got around to fixing it so I can show off the SW screen shots.

Here's the Shapeways listing for Shanghai Tower, followed by screen shots.

I also completed Guangzhou International Finance Centre in Guangzhou, Guangdong, China.

Compared to some of the other buildings in China, this was was pretty simple but I had to use some tricks to get the diagonal mesh around the outside. In reality, this feature is under the glass but I wanted it to be represented so I 'encased' the outside in the form to give it more character. The best part for me, however, is the roof which accurately represents the faceted glass on the original.

I also embossed the "IFC" on the three sides of the top of the structure. The actual letters are displayed in lights as a marquee behind the glass but I wanted it to show in the print so I created a small extrusions from the surface over the other details to represent it.

I also did the helicopter pad markings as a small engraved detail.

And lastly, finished just tonight (only took a few hours), the Borj-E Milad in Tehran, Iran!

Another simpler TV/radio tower with some more intricate ornamental features on the roof of the base and around the main tower portion.

I still need to take screen captures of One World Trade Center.