View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 14, 2021, 3:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
There was something on CBC Radio today about local cyclists in Moncton being displeased with the new Petitcodiac River Bridge.

Even though things will be considerably better than before, with a broad sidewalk, separated from road traffic via a concrete barrier, the lobbyists are upset that they will have the share this sidewalk with pedestrians. Apparently, they think they deserved their own dedicated bicycle lane(s).

According to the spokesperson, they feel that pedestrians can be just as unpredictable, inconsiderate and vicious to the innocent cyclists as the evil motorists are, and would rather not interact with the pedestrians on the sidewalk, despite the fact that the sidewalk is seven feet wide.

There isn't anything on CBC.ca about this yet, but it may show up within the next day or so.
OMFG, seriously? I'm a cyclist and I have ZERO issues with sharing trails all over Moncton and ALL OVER NEW BRUNSWICK. I avoid riding my bike 100% of the time on the roads with cars. When I get close to a pedestrian on a trail, I slow down a bit, give respect, ring my bell when needed, then I move on with my life.

These cry babies of bikers can just go to....[insert your favorite nasty word here]. Like seriously, what do these people do on all of the other shares trails in this planet? Give me a break! In the voice of Chef Gordon Ramsey, "F-Off!"