View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 4, 2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban_planner View Post
So the question would be Are the other airports benifiting from Hamilton or vice versa.
The only way YHM could be benefiting other airports is if the cargo is originating here - either by being manufactured here or by being transferred to/from sea rail or trucks here.

Quote:
Also DHL moved there flight from the US to YYZ to YHM. In addition to this the last few months have seen an increase in Cargo flights shipping Car Parts up from detroit.
Yes, companies moving operations from other airports to YHM represents success and growth. All of your talk of carriers switching to larger airplanes has nothing to do with YHM specifically, never mind representing YHM success.

Quote:
Anyway I don't know how much research anyone actually does before ripping on the airport.
Well, I personally read all of the stats can reports since 2000 to try to determine exactly how the airport has performed over the last 10 years.

Quote:
One last thing no matter how you look at it the airport has grown a lot since the late 90s.
Yes it is bigger than the late 90s, but passenger numbers have been in decline since 2003 and cargo has only grown to match the growth across the country - there's nothing really spectacular happening up there.

Quote:
Will AEGD succed who knows. From what I have herd from people in the planing feild(not anyone related to the city) There are companies that are hoping to develop on the land out there.
<sarcasm>Well in that case, sign me up for my share of paying for the servicing then. What is it, $1000 for every taxpayer in the city? Maybe more? I'll just put off a few of my holiday days and maybe some meals to help pay for it. Maybe I'll put in some overtime to help top up the coffers. It's gotta be worth it since someone heard from someone that maybe some company might be interested in hopefully opening there. PHEW! And here I thought it was all speculation!</sarcasm>

If "who knows" is enough to convince you that it's worth paying for, then why don't you fund my portion of the aegd servicing costs too please!