View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 6:14 PM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

Quote:
Originally Posted by atbw View Post
With the Bloom, this build, the new build on Isleville and Almon and the build going in at Bilby and Isleville, it'll be interesting to see what this neighbourhood will be like once the ground floor retail in these places are established.
I wonder how much of an impact these developments will have on the population density of the area.

If you look at the residential blocks around Almon and Isleville, it's a mix of small houses, apartments, and parking lots. I count around 25 houses on one more or less fully built up block. Some of those are subdivided into apartments. It's probably 40-50 units in total. I'd guess maybe 150 people live on that block.

The small apartment buildings can have 40-60 units and around 100 residents. A block that gets 1 apartment building might go from about 100 to 200 people and the density roughly doubles.

20 of these buildings would have a big impact on the overall density in a 5x5 block area. I think this construction will bring a lot more foot traffic and storefront commercial activity, plus increase demand for transit. In the long run, I could see some high demand transit corridors developing through the North End and out to Fairview and Clayton Park.