View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 20, 2014, 4:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waye Mason View Post
It was publicly announced in December, it has been four months! An a couple months it goes to a joint HWCC/HRM Council session and public hearing for consideration of the MPS change. This is not tortured, is is expedited - you cannot get an MPS/Comprehensive Plan change in any jurisdiction in weeks and months, these things always require public input. When I spoke about this with the Toronto Developer building Southport he said a fast approval in Toronto is 18-24 months.
I wasn't really lamenting the timeline, I was lamenting what apparently happened at the "public" input meeting. I'm more familiar with HRMxD approvals, not so much DAs where planning by-laws may need to be amended.

As for "tortured"-- you don't think someone coming to the meeting to support the proposal and getting shouted down by NIMBYs isn't an embarrassment? And some people getting to speak TWICE?

As if that meeting is an accurate representation of the community; looking at the list of names speaking, sounds like it was the Heritage Troop and STV brigade taking the place over.

It's the same old story over and over. Local property owners have a vested interest in opposing development. Essentially, opposing newer, nicer, rental opportunities for people who do not have the financial capacity to own homes or property.

SAVE THE VIEW FROM ATOP COBURG! YES. ALL THE HOMEOWNERS CAN AGREE WITH THAT: WE DON'T NEED NICER PLACES FOR STUDENTS, "SINGLES", OR PROFESSIONALS TO LIVE AROUND HERE. GIVE THEM ANOTHER DUMPY RUNDOWN LANDLORD ABSENTEE BUILDING! YESSSS! PROPERTIED CLASS UNITE. WE HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE BUT NEEDS CONVENIENCE STORE.

Last edited by counterfactual; Feb 20, 2014 at 4:24 PM.