View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 18, 2019, 6:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronvonellis View Post
They make 70k with 3 months off, a rich guaranteed pension, I'd love those benefits. You can't get through to them.

Her response was that I should go back to college and get a teaching degree so I could get their benefits too lol. First, I have no interest in being a teacher or taking 4 years off of my life to go back to college for that.
they fought for their benefits over a very long period of time, why would you denigrate them for having done so? its not magic, its constant struggle. shes your peer in the struggle for better pay and better conditions and better rights. that struggle never ends because as we've seen it will be wrestled right back without a second thought. if you want the same sorts of advantages, it comes with mobilization and activism and organizing within your given profession. workers hold all the power in the world but it only matters if its exercised. or you can just keep bashing unions and wondering why their quality of life is better and why you're getting taken advantage of in the private sector.

Last edited by Via Chicago; Oct 18, 2019 at 6:28 PM.