View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 28, 2013, 2:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
^ wow Marothisu you are the Spyguy of building permit data. I have also read elsewhere that real estate investors are going all in on the Bloomington Trail.
Hah, it's good stuff, thanks. Luckily I have a map so it makes everything easier, but yeah there's been a number of new construction building permits not far from the trail. Not like a BOOM but yeah. The good thing is that between Kedzie and California, and north of North Ave, a number of the permits appear to be on vacant lots so there's infill. I know the 24 unit building above is on the corner of Whipple & Armitage, which used to be a church and was torn down leaving a big empty lot there. Now it should be filled in. Good news

Quote:
In other news the Wild Hare club won its lawsuit against the city allowing it to have live bands. When Ald Smith and the Lincoln Park Nimbys lose I always get a chuckle out of it.
I read that yesterday on DNA Info and got extremely angry at one of the NIMBY's comments on them allowing this. This woman belongs in the burbs in a giant subdivision with nothing to do.

http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20130...c-lincoln-park
Quote:
"I'm very disappointed. The neighborhood is going to take a turn now," said Carol Cloud, who lives around the corner from the Wild Hare at 2610 N. Halsted St. "It's a destination venue, a hip hop venue."

Cloud said she feared the venue would bring a rowdy element to the neighborhood and even extend the wave of crime in Lakeview south to Lincoln Park.

"We are going to have 260 people added to the mix who come by my home and continue partying," she said.
First of all, a hip hop venue? No, it's reggae and there's a fucking difference. I went to Wild Hare when it re-opened in this location last year and it was totally fine. It was good too and they have beer you will not really find anywhere else - like Carib or Tusker.

Secondly and more importantly though, I am pretty sure Wild Hare existed in Lakeview/Wrigleyville for what, 20+ years? Yeah...Anyway it's great they finally got their live music license. I was waiting for the day.