View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 29, 2020, 7:47 PM

Halifax Future Skyline Renderings

Hello everyone! Over the past couple of years, I've been working on future skyline visualizations a number of Canadian cities. Today, I'm proud to present the first iteration of my future Halifax skyline! For those who aren't familiar with my work, I model the future developments in SketchUp using renderings and the site planning documents made available online, and then I insert them into Google Earth.

I've been able to add a significant amount so far. I have been very impressed by Halifax's wealth of proposed developments, but it is truly unfortunate that they are as spread out as they are, and consequently do not affect the overall skyline much. Also, as an easter egg (which I do with all of my skylines), I wanted to see how an NHL-sized arena would fit into the existing site of the Scotiabank Centre.

Please let me know of any developments that I have missed. I hope you all enjoy my work!

Here's a list of buildings so far (by addresses):

15 Canal (2)
15 Lakelands (1)
114 Wyse (1)
145 Wyse (1)
1377 Robie (2)
1494 Carlton (2)
1591 Granville (2)
2032 Robie (1)
2170 Agricola (1)
2438 Gottingen (1)
2760 Gladstone (1)
2786 Agricola (3)
2859 Robie (1)
3081 Demone (1)
5415 Cogswell (1)
6009 Quinpool (1)
6040 Almon (5)
6200 Young (3)

Total # of new towers in skyline: 30

Halifax Watermarked V1-1 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Halifax Watermarked V1-2 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Halifax Watermarked V1-3 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Halifax Watermarked V1-4 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Halifax Watermarked V1-5 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Halifax Watermarked V1-6 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Halifax Watermarked V1-7 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Halifax Watermarked V1-8 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Come See My Work: Mississauga Future Skyline Model | Pan-Canadian Future Skylines Project - Kelowna, Saskatoon, Windsor, London, Hamilton, Niagara Falls, Barrie, Ottawa, Halifax​​​ | Astrophotography Thread