View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 26, 2015, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmikeyphilly View Post
It Reminds me so much of 3601 Market St. (I didn't care that much for 3601 Market when first proposed. But now that the façade is going up, it's turning out pretty decent.) Maybe this will look better if they use top notch materials on the façade. 709 Chestnut isn't awful, but it is far from award-winning. I do like it better than the Lit's proposal. This would look better in University City because of the height. But, it's perfect for blending in with the East Market, 500 Walnut, and the Lit's proposals. Those buildings aren't that tall either. It would be nice (some day) to build something with decent height, (remember Bridgeman's View Tower? ) Also, I'm just disappointed looking at squares.
I agree. It's hard to judge what this will look like in real life until we can at least see some photorealistic renderings (which these are NOT--these are the initial cartoonish renderings that are typically seen relatively early in the process). And as you said, it's often not until the building is actually built that we can really judge it. Materials and details make all the difference when you're dealing with what is basically--like the vast majority of residential towers--a rectangular box.