View Single Post
Old Posted May 1, 2008, 8:27 AM
Robotic Construction

Quote:
Originally Posted by twellsie View Post
Hey Ken, what is your opinion on this giant hole over the train shed where people wait for their trains? I'm seeing the pictures but I don't get it. If the answer is: well we have a view plane, then the view plane has got to go. If the other answer is: we have some little coverings, I still don't get it. This is supposed to be the center of the transit system with thousands and thousands passing through every day right? It makes no sense to me whatsoever. Your illumination would be appreciated.
That is the only thing I don't like with the current plan -- the Commuter Rail terminal canopy. If they are going to build a canopy like being shown in renderings (with a big whole in it's roof), then it would be best that they save more money and not build one at all. At least then, RTD can add one in the future and do it right with a fully enclosed glass canopy like what was recently constructed in Germany.

I actually like what they've done with everything else. I didn't at first, but I have studied the plans in detail and have found them to be a very efficient and effective design which will be a success.