View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 25, 2008, 3:44 AM
King of the Queen

Everyone says The Park is stalled - but they are looking at the bottom floors to be completed first, as is customary with towers in America. The Park will be finished from the top to the bottom. This means the penthouses on top will be the first to be occupied and moved into. This explains why we are not seeing a lot of action on the lower floors. The construction pace is rather slow.

To those that say that the permitting process at 210 Trade was a cover up for the economic problems, they are wrong. My friend who is an architect said he saw the plans for 210 trade on the desk of an office in the planning department. This project is actively being worked on and it is full force ahead.

Only two projects have been put on hold, and one (as mentioned above) is rumored to be moving forward in the near future. One Charlotte was put on indefinite hold, but I really think it was a case of a national developer moving into a market they really did not know. To my knowledge, Portman did not pair up with any local developer to help sell, market, or even know current market conditions with their development. They came in with what they thought people wanted and tried to make it work. Maybe nobody told them having a floor of a million dollars for a residential tower that fronts a freeway and a hotel is not exactly what anybody is looking for in a city which can offer cheaper condos with better views.