View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 26, 2019, 6:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
They can't build these types of communities fast enough in the suburbs to keep up with Boomer demand. A lot of these facilities are amenity laden - their own gyms, restaurants, doctors and nurses on staff, concierge, chauffeur service, laundry service, every room featuring a "help" or "call" button, woodshop, metal shop, trainmaking shop, dance classes, nightly events, etc.

I'm actually surprised we're not seeing MORE of these in the city - seems to be a no-brainer development to me. These are generally well-heeled folks who can afford an amenity laden condo and why not get one in the city with easy airport access for travel, cultural amenities at your doorstep, and hospital access for the inevitable emergency.
I’d like to see one take out the giant Avenue of the Arts garage, speaking of 15th Street between Chestnut and Spruce. Hell, it’s so big that this could probably done while leaving SOME of it as public parking. By the way, contrary to popular belief, Parkway does not own this. Hasn’t since about 2011. An Illinois company does that happens to specialize in senior living.