View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 9, 2018, 6:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Hopefully they can clear out of the securities building! Especially the first floor
The Civil Division of County attorney won't be moving, unfortunately, for the foreseeable future if ever. Madison is already filled I hear. Maricopa County also owns the 222 N. Central building, so there's no lease cost and therefore no real incentive to vacate. Even if County Attorney moved, there are several other County offices in that building including Justice Court Administration, Public Fiduciary, Offices of Legal Advocate and Legal Defender, and County Human Resources.

I'd love for the County to clear out the first floor of the Security building to make for some retail, but that might take a public effort, maybe have the City of Phoenix help encourage them - I hate that the whole facade is essentially dead to the street when historical photos show the building bristling with activity at ground level. There is also a beautifully restored ballroom on the 8th floor and conference room with a rooftop deck on 9 that would be good event spaces if they were open to the public for reservation (I could be wrong about the public availability). The County at least deserves credit for restoring the building and doing a darn fine job of it, however.

tl;dr: 222 N. Central won't be affected much, if at all, by the Madison rehab.