View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 2, 2021, 10:24 PM

^ I’m sure you’re not a lawyer, because you sound like an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dktshb View Post
Back in October Covid deaths passed deaths from HIV/AIDS to become America's deadliest pandemic. In less that 2 years more people in this country have died from Covid than in over 40 years of the HIV/AIDS epidemic. As of December we surpassed 800,000 deaths.
I’m not convinced it has actually killed more than Spanish flu. The estimates for that are 500k to 850k with most around 700k, but they didn’t have PCR tests and weren’t attributing every death of a person with a positive test in preceding weeks to the flu virus. The US population at the time was also less than a third of what it is now, so mortality rates were actually multiples higher than Covid. And most everyone was susceptible, rather than just the very old or otherwise ill.

But sure, keep pretending this is Armageddon.
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov