View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 10, 2010, 12:59 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfx_chris View Post
This is truly amazing. Thanks for posting. I have been reading the Regina thread and I thought that they were dreaming when forum members kept posting reports that they could get federal funding for their proposed $435 million dollar retractable dome stadium. Maybe they are right.

Why not, most other countries provide very significant amounts of money for sports infrastructure. This could be great news for the Halifax area (as long as the HRM and provincial NDP don't let us down). However, now that I have read the article, I think that there should be limits. Halifax could likely build a stadium for $80 million with $30 million from the federal government but is it fair for Regina and Quebec City to expect $170 million each? Personally, I think that federal dollars should be a available since sports teams help bring the nation together (example - the Vancouver Winter Olympics). But I think that cities should show some restraint. I would also like to see LRT in Halifax (in addition to a stadium). So I would like there to be federal funding available for that purpose also.

Last edited by fenwick16; Sep 19, 2010 at 1:55 AM.