View Single Post
Old Posted May 14, 2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterK View Post
No! Shady characters need to be chased out of downtowns core so people can feel comfortable coming in and spending their money.

I seriously can't put up with peoples bullish** when it comes to keeping those awful businesses on Broadway, or enabling the crazed and insane to wander the streets pulling all sorts of shenanigans.

But if it's people you want, heres a few I took Friday night

I thought this was pretty neat.

Cool alleyways. This one everyone has seen but may not realize. Its in thousands of commercials & movies..

2 guys at the edge of skid row. Who knows what they're up to..

My favorite from Friday night.
Hunter, Hunter, Hunter, when you talk like that, I just feel tired all over (although, I have to admit, the smiley face gives me pause). I love the joints, hang-outs, alleyways and artifacts of a living, breathing city. And this one happens to be my hometown. And while I love the folded, spindled and slightly mutilated edges of our downtown, I also love the panoramas of city lights, snow-capped mountains and white sand beaches. I love it all and I can't imagine it without 'the shady characters'. Without the people, some of whom are down at their heels, just barely scraping by, what you're left with is a theme park, a Knott's Berry Farm. One of your pics is of the refurbished interior of an Angels Flight car looking for all the world more like a museum piece than an actual mode of public transportation. They have 'refurbished' it past any semblance of the railcars I remember riding many times as a child. But that said, you take great pictures, I hope you keep em coming.