View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 16, 2022, 5:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHikka View Post
I'm sure Edmonton users will kindly remind us that this isn't at all the case but I can see it being plausible that the market is fatigued. There have been a few events in the past few years and it seems like 2022 has been a down year for most teams and events (Elks, FC Ed, and now U20s).
Edmonton may be a big city but it is a smaller sports market... I strongly suspect it is a relatively small pool of people buying the lions share of increasingly expensive season tickets, tournament packages, etc. At a certain point you just hit a wall with the number of multi-thousand dollar invoices you want to pay out of your own pockets, or that accounting will approve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
I don't think this is an Edmonton thing, although maybe in a smaller municipality with less things to do and less sports in the area might have done better.
During last night's game the announcers mentioned tickets were moving fast in Halifax and Moncton and I'd believe it. Edmonton just came off a long NHL playoff run where people were paying hundreds of dollars a game, and I'm sure it drained some sports budgets. That is not a factor in those places.