View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 19, 2013, 4:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVanDerWright View Post
Also, of more interest to the crowd here, the Finkl site is going to be rezoned to mixed use retail and residential zoning. The area will be cleaned up and the redeveloped as a functioning part of the city. I just hope they save some of the old industrial elements along Cortland if they can because that is one of the coolest feeling areas in town.
I really hope these areas are built to their maximum potential instead of diluting to the point of walled off townhouse developments with big box retail.

Finkl is 5-10 min to the Armitage L, 0-5 min to the Clybourn 72, 5-10 min to Clybourn Metra and 5-10 min to the future Ashland BRT. Its right on the river, right on the Kennedy, right next to both Clybourn and Armitage retail corridors ... and right between two very very popular neighborhoods.

I would love to see the entire area between Webster/Clybourn/North/Kennedy to be redeveloped some day and Finkl could prove to be the first domino to fall. Lets hope it is successful and encourages a strong push to remake the entire area.