View Single Post
Old Posted May 28, 2011, 2:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenwick16 View Post
I remember when the TD Bank, CIBC, Metro Centre and Maritime Centre were being built. I also remember when the Maritime Centre was only 12 storeys high (it is better at its current height).

I also remember being inside the Metro Centre for a Nova Scotia Voyageurs game and CIS Basketball championship shortly after the Metro Centre opened (SMU and Acadia were the final two teams in the national CIS championship). I was a university student at the time and living in Fenwick Towers.

PS: I also remember the previous generation of harbour ferries (the first of the current generation of ferries was built in 1979, and still looks modern). I also remember the old ferry terminals as being somewhat rundown - the current ones were a huge improvement, especially when they were built about 30 years ago (I think the new terminals were built before I moved to Ontario in 1980).
Yes, I remember those old ferries as well. One sat as a lobster restaurant docked by the current Halifax terminal for a while in the 80's I think. I do remember taking them across the harbour, you loaded on like cattle by a ramp at the bow/stern. The ferry had its own token system I think, and it cost 10 or 15 cents.

My dad also took me across to see Voyageurs games in the Metro Centre when it was first built. I remember how new, bright and big it seemed. Of course I was a young kid and it was much more cavernous in there before the skyboxes were added.

I remember Mic Mac Mall before the third floor was openned. It was always there since the orginal construction (to allow future expansion) and I remember looking up as a kid and wondering what it would be like to be way up there looking down into centre court. I was so excited when they finally announced expansion... they were adding an arcade too! (Fantasy 2000)