View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 20, 2019, 5:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike View Post
On then minivans are even more practical and there's a whole lot of self-professed practical SUV guys who won't consider one.
Good point, it is peculiar how trucks and SUVs are celebrated as practical haulers while a lot of people reject out of hand station wagons and especially minivans, even though they are as good or better at a lot of those practical applications.

Having a good station wagon with ample cargo space is in some ways a better option than a SUV, but finding them can be a challenge. They are relatively rare on roads and in dealer lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post
I'm really bummed that the NA manufacturers will stop producing sedans. Not as much Chrysler and GM. I've lost interest in those brands years ago.
On that note, I rented a Chevrolet Impala in Vancouver recently... it was a fairly high trim level as it had a lot of options. I was completely impressed with it and I don't think it was in any way lacking compared to a Honda or Toyota. Not that I am looking to cars for excitement, but some of the dullest cars I've driven were Asian models. I remember renting a base model Mitsubishi Galant a few years ago... I swear, if Loblaws made a No Name car that came to you in a big yellow box labelled "Car", that would have been it.