View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 4, 2014, 12:06 AM

Oh my god another awesome picture of the east side of downtown, BigKidD. Great find! It pisses me off so much that the entire area has been destroyed. Just east of downtown was the densest, most interesting part of the city. Hundreds of nightclubs, jazz, extremely urban apartment and rowhome blocks. Almost all of destroyed. It makes me so sick to think about how cool this city would be with even half of it remaining, and no interstate running through it.

And yea man if you are hanging out in Independence, you probably aren't witnessing much of the changed local mindset. That is a city that is stuck in its old ways and generally not very exciting. Not a lot of Kansas City pride found in Independence except for the Chiefs and Royals.

And Pdxstreetcar, downtown is not completely sterile and soulless. These pictures were taken on a Sunday by someone who went out of their way to not have pedestrians and cars in their photos. Those are easier pictures to take no doubt, and it goes with the theme of this thread.

I mean, downtown KC is certainly not Manhattan by any means and on Sundays can be a bit slow, but there is definitely still activity. The financial district isn't the place to be on a Sunday though.