View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 6, 2021, 3:33 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
Man you are one seriously depressing pessimist.
I would prefer the word realist.

I do not act like a small kid given enough money to spend on "any" toy at the local toy store thinking I can buy "every" toy in the store.

Why do transit proponents think they can? There will never be enough money to build every project all at once. Prioritizing which project should be built in whatever order politically acceptable is how the real world should operate.

Yet, we do not get that from the proponents of these projects, it is build all of them as soon as possible, as if money grew on trees.

FYI: If money grew on trees, our money standard would be worth as much as tree leaves. I got about 10 pounds of fallen leaves on my yard that I will eventually pay someone $50 to get rid of, either by raking or mulching.

As it is, a $Billion is a lot of money when compared to a $million.
If you spent a thousand dollars a day, a million dollars would be spent in a thousand days, around 2.7 years; and a billion dollars would be spent in a million days, around 2,739.7 years.
As you can see, a thousand times larger is much more significant than changing the letter m to a letter b.

Last edited by electricron; Feb 6, 2021 at 3:45 PM.