View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 4, 2022, 3:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebucket View Post
It looks like most of the Sepulveda Transit Corridor alignment proposals have it terminating at LAX. I suppose it could theoretically continue eastwards, on top of, or under either Arbor Vitae or Century to the sports complex. Are there any plans that have mentioned that?
I’ve long said this - Yes the foolish monorail plan mentions something about it - but what needs to happen is the HRT plan needs to mention it.

Often times in forums like these - proposals brought up by posters are pie in the sky or a bit toward fantasy land or one that doesn’t include other relevant priorities or considerations. But I think as costly as this could be - it would be wildly successful.

It’s a no brainer. A subway station that continues from LAX 96th/Aviation down Century with a mega, spacious underground station that has two spacious underground cooridors: one that leads directly to the Intuit dome with integration with the Intuit Dome plaza; and another leading directly toward SoFi Stadium with complete integration with the Hollywood park development. Think of the thousands of riders - all the people who will live and use HP on non-event days. Then the 80k fans for a minimum of 17 games a year at SoFi, the 20k fans for minimum 41 games a year at Intuit - of course the concerts at both venues. That single station could result in an additional million riders a year (WAY more then you’ll see from people having to make a horrifically inconvenient transfer at Crenshaw/Expo then ride an LRT line that’s not fully grade separated THEN transfer to an undersized & half assed People mover’)

Even more then that if the line extended an ADDITIONAL couple miles from that point - to end at Vermont & Century (intersecting with a future B extension.

It’s little details like this - seamless transitions, extra mile stations (IE Wilshire & 4th), safe trains, grade separations, frequentent headways) that’ll turn LA into the second city of public transit in North America.