View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 7, 2020, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleuler View Post
wow! very impressive.

Was wondering about the group backing/building the project. Any news/info on them. They must have very deep pockets?
Very good question and that's the great unknown right now. I know I'd never heard about Theia Group before. I imagine they are legit and have adequate backing and the capacity to get this project built. But companies promising big things then not delivering isn't unheard of before. We have the Foxconn debacle in Wisconsin to point to as a recent example.

There's also no saying whether Group Orion will ever be successful in their satellite endeavor even if they do get all this going. Locally, we have Eclipse Aviation as an example of a company with great promise that never fully realized its potential. But we have to take a chance. No truly successful city has ever not taken a big gamble like this to move themselves forward.

What gives me hope and confidence in the project is that they don't have a nebulous timeline or that this isn't being proposed in a phased manner over several years. We should know by early next year whether they will actually start building all this stuff.