View Single Post
Old Posted May 15, 2015, 7:14 AM
9-7-2oh1-!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXDENSITY View Post
I think neighborhood groups get given too much microphone time and should have little to no power to prevent density.
The things you advocate for are extreme. If two neighbors in Ladd's Addition decided to sell their houses together to a developer who wanted to build a huge high rise, that would drastically change the neighborhood. And it wouldn't be a change for the better.

Quote:
You [65MAX] feel SF homes should be preserved even if an owner wants to redevelop it with more units for housing. If you agree with me on this and are going to say im misquoting you, then youre truly just trolling.
You weren't talking to me, but... Don't tell people what they think. Either quote them directly, or find another way to make your point. The fact that you followed up that tirade with "If you agree with me on this" shows you know you're misrepresenting his opinions. That approach for a debate turns your allies into enemies. The vast majority of people in this forum are pro-density and pro-development, but your approach is so extreme, and so militant, that you're turning people who should be allies against you.

Quote:
The key here is youre a home owner and youre going to make "wherever appropriate" anything that matches your random tastes, and I think that's poor planning in every regard.
But dropping high rises or even skyscrapers into Ladd's Addition just because a few neighbors decided to sell together and cash in on a windfall wouldn't be evidence of what happens when there's a lack of planning??? Holy cow.

Quote:
Any slowdown for this absurdity swirling around neighborhood associations claiming we need to be "thoughtful." It's just a wrench to slow things down because homeowners donMt want anything built anywhere in their popular neighborhood.
Planning should always - I repeat, ALWAYS - be thoughtful. Period. That point shouldn't even be up for debate. Portland wouldn't be what it is today if not for a lot of thoughtful planning.

Wow.