View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 2, 2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfx_chris View Post
And finally in 1999 Sears Canada purchased Eatons, and the Sears store in West End Mall moved across the street to the former Eatons location in HSC. And of course shortly afterward, West End Mall saw the major renovations which have turned it into what we see today, and if I'm not mistaken, the Sobeys moved across the street from HSC, correct? I assume it was located at the Bayers Road side of the mall, where that large sporting goods store is today.
So. How's that sound?

One final thing I request confirmation on, and I'll stop beating this dead horse. I assume the Sears store was a multi-level building, as all department stores are - were the ground floor doors located where the Wal-Mart entrance is today?
If memory serves, you're correct and the Sobeys moved across the street from HSC. It use to be where that second entrance and parkade is in the middle of Bayers where the land dips down. The Sobeys was in where the giant outdoors store is now (Coast Mountain?) and parcel pick up was in underneath out of the elements. I could be wrong, but I thought Walmart was built new and the Sears multi-level backed out onto the back of the West End Mall? (vague memory from 1st year university) I say that because I remember them building the new Sobeys and WalMart and thinking it was really dumb that they didn't build an indoor connection to the Bay and the rest of the West End Mall.